Friday, October 31, 2014

Online Book Communities

Good Reads


I have used Good Reads before and I think is easy no navigate and shows all the needed information.  The only disadvantage with Good Reads is that if you misspell the title an error pops up and their is no suggestions or corrections on the spelling.

Library Thing


Library Thing was very similar to Good Reads.  The navigation was easy and this site does make suggestions on misspelled titles.  I didn't find all the titles I was looking searching.  Which makes me think that maybe Library Thing has a more limited collection.

Shelfari



Shelfari is the most visually appealing to me.  I did have a harder time navigating through this site.  I was going back and forth on adding the books to the correct shelf.


Book Likes


Book Likes is also visually appealing to me.  The site is easy to navigate.  From the four sites this was the one I enjoyed using the most.  I would choose Book Likes to my students because it is user friendly and visually appealing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment