Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Facebook

I know about Facebook, but I have never used it until now.  I know it is a great tool for communication.  Social media is the way all young people communicate.  I am still learning how to navigate.  I hope to get comfortable to use and implement Facebook in the future.


The Brownsville Public Library has been on Face book since 2013.  Compared to other public libraries Brownsville Public Library is fairly new to Facebook.


During the summer the Brownsville Public Library offers activities and movies.  Because I did not have a Facebook before I would use a summer calendar for the dates and activities offered.


From Austin Public Library

I searched for any local high school that have any Facebook page, but no luck.  I did find public high schools further north that had a Facebook page.


After searching around Facebook and reading the comments I realized that Facebook can be a great communicative tool.  There are many benefits to communicate through Facebook.  Libraries can keep patrons informed of coming events and contest.  

I have been in hiding for too long.  I think it is time to go out and explore social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment