Saturday, November 29, 2014

Amazed!!!


Rainie, L. The internet of the things and what it means for libraries.  Pew Research Center's Internet & Life Project.  Web. 28 Oct. 2014. <http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/10/28/the-internet-of-things-and-what-it-mean-for-librarians/>.

The Internet of the Things and What it means for Libraries

At first I did not understand what the report meant by the Internet of Things.  It took me some time and viewing the two videos from the presentation to have a better understanding.  After I viewed the videos I was amazed on how much technology has evolved and will evolve.  Technology was a great impact in everyone’s life.  The question arises when it comes to libraries.

 Video 1. “A Day of Glass” by Corning.  As if I was watching a Science Fiction movie.  I was amazed with all the advantages and learning opportunities available with this technology.  I do wonder who will be able to really take advantage of this type of technology and how will our privacy be affected?

Video 2. “Sight” was so surreal.  In the present day this video still looks like a Science Fiction movie.  I have read articles about technology being used in watches, and other small devices, but not in a person’s body part.  It was disturbing yet astounding how a person’s eyes are integrated into technology.  I am 34 years old, and I wonder if I will be able to see or use this kind technology in my life span.  

While reading this report I thought about how all this technological advances will impact libraries.  I wonder if a library will become an app anyone can download and be able to use from the comfort of their home, school, or office.

52 Power Point slides

No comments:

Post a Comment