Saturday, November 29, 2014

Information Omniver

Zickuhr, K.  From distant admirers to library lovers - and beyond.  Pew Research Center's Internet & Life Project. Web. 13 Mar. 2014. <http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/03/13/library-engagement-typology/>.

From Distant Admirers to Library Lovers - and Beyond

Interesting research data.  I was very intrigued with how older and educated people value the library more in the community than less educated or younger people.

The library users are divided in four categories; 30% high engagement, 39% medium engagement, 17% low engagement, and 14% no personal library use.  From this four categories each category was then divided by subcategories.  In high engagement there are two subcategories library lovers and information omnivore.  After reading the categories and subcategories I realized I was an information omnivore.

I do believe the library plays an important role in the community.  Even though my children and I have the amenity of having books and internet at home I take my children to the library to check out books and be involved with the upcoming events.  They like to look for books they are interested.  My son whom is older loves dinosaurs.  He loves that there is a section just for dinosaurs.  He’s too young to read the majority of the books but loves to see the pictures.  During the summer the library is a great place to take the little ones.  The public library arranges entertaining activities for children to participate.  My children have seen a dinosaur presentation, which my son loved and they have also gone to watch a movie with kids their age. 


I thought this report was an interesting and thought provoking.  This report gives sufficient data to know find out what kind of library engagement one has.

8 page report

No comments:

Post a Comment