Saturday, November 29, 2014

Only time will tell

Rainie, L. Millennials and libraries.  Pew Research Center's Internet & Life Project.  Web. 9 Apr. 2014. <http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/04/09/millennials-and-libraries/>

Millennials and Libraries

Slide 14 was the slide from the report that stood out the most.  I disagree with this statement because I do believe that students are not the same from previous generations.  I see this evident in my classroom year after year.  I have worked both in a charter public school and a school district public school.  Students from charter and public schools are coming from very diverse backgrounds that affect their development.  It is also obvious on the have and have nots this is evident because of their technology awareness.  In my experience the distinction was more evident in the public school setting because there is not enough technology opportunities for the students.  Public schools have more students to cater which means less technology to go around.  In the charter school I used to teach, there was only 100 - 120 students per grade level.  Technology was easily accessible and students had more technology exposure and use in their classroom.

I think that individuals are molded to the experiences they are expose.  I believe technology is making a great impact on everyone's life, especially in today's students.  Only time will tell how technology will impact their life.


50 Power Point slides

1 comment:

  1. I also believe that children are changing every year and I do believe it is due to so many technological changes. My six year old is able to do way more than my other children could at his age.

    ReplyDelete